Monday 13 October 2014

October 14, 2014 Discussion

Howdy!
I will very soon return from my vacation and I'm looking forward to this discussion.
I hope everyone had a great long weekend!

Please read the article, watch the video, and consider the questions that I have provided below.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29336968

1. Do you think $1 and $50 is enough to motivate people to compost?

2. Is this law (or one like it) already in place in your home city? Is it needed?

3. "Up to 40% of food in the USA is wasted." What is you reaction to this statement?

4. What other environmentally friendly actions should the government make new laws about? Can you think of any other laws already in place?

5. Do you think health related laws should be made? (e.g. You must be over 18 to get McDonald's food).

6. Do you or your family waste food? Is there a 'leftover culture' in your home country? Do families reheat yesterdays food?

No comments:

Post a Comment